This Is What 2 Tablespoons Of Coconut Oil Will Do To Your Blood Sugar And Belly Fat
Nowadays, coconut oil is the most controversial and the most popular food found on the market.
Three types of opinions exist about coconut oil:
1. The first opinion is against coconut oil, as it contains saturated fats, which are falsely believed to cause heart disease.
2. The second opinion is shared by people who are aware of the benefits of the oil, but don’t use it as it contains a lot of calories. However, all calories are not the same.
3. The third opinion is that coconut oil can be used for anything.
In this article you can read how 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily can boost your health and help you lose weight.
Coconut oil and losing weight
One tablespoon of coconut oil contains 120 calories. However, these calories don’t affect the body in the same manner as 120 calories found in canola oil.
Coconut oil is more thermogenic than other foods, so it increases energy expenditure. So, you burn more calories when consuming coconut oil.
To lose weight you need to eat foods that boost the metabolism. Your hormones must be in balance as well. So, your organs must be healthy, especially the thyroid and the liver.
If you eat high quality foods, coconut oil will help your body more calories than consumed. It will also improve thyroid function and protect the liver.
The anti-powers of coconut oil
Coconut oil, as well as other anti-inflammatory foods, reduces the production of free radicals, which protects the cells and prevents oxidative stress. The other anti-powers of coconut oil are:
• Anti-bacterial – destroys bacteria that cause ulcers, gum disease, urinary tract and throat infections.
• Anti-carcinogenic – boosts the immune system and stops cancer spreading.
• Anti-fungal – eliminates yeast and fungus that cause infections.
• Anti-inflammatory – repairs damaged tissues and reduces inflammations.
• Anti-oxidant – reduces production of free radicals.
• Anti-microbial – fights infections and makes dangerous microbes inactive.
• Anti-viral/retroviral/protozoa/parasitic – destroys viruses causing hepatitis, influenza, AIDS, measles, herpes; kills HTLV-1 and HIV; destroys protozoan infections in the gut; eliminates tapeworms, lice and other parasites.
Balanced insulin and blood sugar levels
Coconut oil indirectly influences blood sugar and insulin levels by helping glucose to enter the cells, which reduces the blood insulin levels.
It regulates the blood sugar levels by lowering the glycemic index of the meals. So, when you eat carbohydrates together with coconut oil, the carbs are slowly broken down into glucose and the blood sugar remains steady.
Vegetable oils such as canola, corn and soybean oils consists of long-chain fatty acids, which decrease the ability of the cells to absorb the blood sugar. This often leads to diabetes and insulin resistance. Luckily, coconut oil is made of medium-chain fatty acids.
Coconut oil against heart disease
According to studies, people in Papua New Guinea and Polynesia whose diet consists mostly of coconut oil have no signs of heart attack, heart disease or stroke.
Since saturated fats started to be considered as unhealthy, the number of people suffering from high cholesterol, heart disease and strokes increased.
Coconut oil does not cause arterial damage as it does not oxidize when exposed to heat, light or oxygen.
Improved thyroid function
There are many studies that prove coconut oil positive effects on your thyroid and metabolism. The fatty acids in coconut oil promote weight loss, increase energy and stimulate your metabolism.
Hypothyroidism is an autoimmune disorder, so there must be immune balance to solve the thyroid problem.
Coconut oil will reduce the existing inflammation which enables the conversion of T4 – inactive thyroid hormone form into T3 thyroid hormone – active form.
Coconut oil destroys candida fungus
According to a recent study, coconut oil is effective against bloodstream infections caused by Candida albican fungus.
The symptoms of candida overgrowth are:
• Nail and skin fungal infections like toenail fungus or athlete’s foot
• Chronic fatigue, feeling tired or fibromyalgia
• Digestive tract problems like diarrhea, bloating or constipation
• Autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus or ulcerative colitis
• Brain fog, lack of concentration or focus, ADHD, ADD and poor memory
• Skin problems such as rashes, eczema, hives and psoriasis
• Depression, irritability, anxiety or mood swings
• Vaginal or rectal itching and urinary tract or vaginal infections
• Itchy ears or seasonal allergies
• Cravings for refined carbohydrates or sugar
Luckily, coconut oil is an excellent solution for Candida – a fungal infection.
Flat belly with coconut oil
When you read the previous powers of coconut oil, you know that it can also help you to burn belly fat.
Here is what coconut oil does:
• Consuming 2 tablespoons of coconut oil will burn fat in the body.
• Many diseases are connected to the presence of visceral fat. Coconut oil will melt this fat.
• Coconut oil gives clarity to the brain and shine to the hair and skin.
In one study, 40 women with abdominal fat consumed coconut oil for 3 months. There was a reduction in waist circumference and BMI.
Therefore, start consuming coconut oil. Replace the vegetable oil you are using for cooking with coconut oil. Consume 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and enjoy your flat belly after a few months.